11 February 2016

Idea Napkin No. 1

As you know by now, my name is Jackson Cole, and my entrepreneurship idea is to automate the cooking process, specifically by the rehydration of dehydrated food. The specifics are still in the works but the goal is definite. I am an engineer, so I am very good at logically progressing through a problem and finding solutions, but I am also very good with people. I have learned how to get along with most everybody and how to communicate effectively through many different mediums. I've learned those communication skills through trial and error, mostly error though. I want to get a PhD. in Biomedical Engineering to study specifically cellular functions. If this idea actually turned into a profitable business, I would use it to fund my research and hopefully create an engineering conglomerate for research into helping people with the aid of all fields.

I am offering customers an easy and less time-consuming way of preparing the food that they want the way they want it. I want to offer nutritional options for people as well as giving them the gift of more time to do what they need to do in life and worry less about simply sustaining their own life. Hopefully I could make this a fairly economical option as well, because that would allow it to help many more people who may desire to spend less time cooking and more time playing with their family or doing more work.

I am reaching out to people who are busy, people with commitments to multiple groups in addition to themselves, people who need food and nutrition but do not have the time or energy to cook legitimate meals for themselves. Most quick-cook meals are not very nutritious, and microwaves don't cook food evenly. I am gunning for the people who have a desire to eat but also a desire to have more time to dedicate to their many responsibilities and pleasures.

This product would cook food for you. The food that you want, the food that your body needs, the food that is usually not available without a legitimate cooking process will be available to you with the push of a couple buttons. Professional chefs create meals with multiple courses and many side options; that is now accessible to you. My product allows any food you want to be at your fingertips, ready to be prepared and eaten.

My product would be a singular item that can be used on any approved food products. It will become a household item, like a stove or refrigerator. It will make the preparation of food happen fast and come out cooked evenly and with computerized accuracy every time. No more rushing-through-the-kitchen mishaps, this product will prepare the food precisely every single time with automated controls that only require a selection by the user to initiate cooking procedures.

4 comments:

  1. I often find myself in this exact predicament. Sometimes when I'm half way through cooking a meal, I wish I hadn't even started because it takes so long. I like the idea that you have presented. Check out mine here- http://mudine.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jackson, I think your idea has a lot of potential and I hope to see it in the market soon ! actually before I leave college would be great since college students are always busy and occupied with classes and studying for their exams. You could possibly change the way college students eat and their lifestyle.

    all the best wishes !

    feel free to checkout my post:
    http://vifrasier.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-number-1-week-6.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your idea as it would address most of the prep work my wife and I encounter when preparing meals. We currently prepare our meals for the week during the weekend and it usually consists of freezing the prepared meals so all we have to do is cook it, either by oven, grill or pan seared. Your solution sounds awesomely futuristic but at the same time it retains the nutrition and taste of the food. Great concept and good luck with the rest of the assignments this semester. If you want you can read my blog here: http://ruben-s-castro.blogspot.com/2016/02/idea-napkin-no-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jackson, this is a great idea. Also, an idea that I would definitely see myself benefiting from. A huge part of the my decision making for what i will eat is the money and the time. Home cooked meals will save you money but not time. Eating out will save you time but not money. The fact that you can devise a way to bypass those debates means it can be very effective. Check out my idea! kevinramos910.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete