My business was never intended to be my long-term source of revenue. I intend to sell the company after I have solidified its position in the kitchen appliance market. I want to get it to a point of stability and success, but, ultimately, I want to sell the company for profit.
My goal in life is to create an engineering conglomerate and simply research anything and everything that we can. I love knowledge, and I think that I am well equipped to solve problems and discover new problems to solve. I would use the profits from the business to establish my engineering company on my own dime in order to solidify my control over the venture that I truly care about. I would purchase a building to house several labs and a core office, as well as all of the equipment required for scientific study.
I think that my exit strategy has caused my venture to be a bit more short-sighted than it need be. I could eventually have tried to grow and expand my brand into other kitchen appliance innovations, but I simply wanted to solve a problem and create a foundation for monetary success. I still would care deeply about the success of my company, but would sell at least a majority of it to others in order to focus on my main desires. I would only be there long enough to make sure it would not fail, and then sell it for as much as possible.
Hey Jackson,
ReplyDeleteI think your idea of building your venture to a point to sell is quite admirable. I noticed that you have a focus for your main desires which is great. How long do you think it would take for you to develop your conglomeration? I had a similar strategy in mind for my venture as well. If you'd like to check out my post it is at http://entreprenue-whaaat.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html
Hey, Jackson,
ReplyDeleteI like your mentality. We think alike. I do believe that you should definitely stick with your "baby," because if this were your first business, you would have been through with it from the very start, and sometimes it's hard to let go of something that is seen as your "pride and joy."
Good job.
Check mine out if you dare: http://laurenent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/my-exit-strategy.html