Everybody fails sometimes, and most people fail often. Failure is commonplace, no matter how much we try to avoid it. My biggest failure was probably when I was denied from the NHS my junior year. I had never even considered that I wouldn't be accepted, so when I was told I was shocked. I finally realized that I was not as great as I had thought. I was not good enough, or if I was, I had not shown it.
It sounds so petty and basic, and it actually is, but it was an important moment for me. I learned that I needed to be better if I wanted to be as great as I'd hoped. I learned that life wasn't easy and I needed to put in work to get what I wanted.
My biggest fear in life is probably failing. I sometimes choose not to even do something because I know I will probably fail. We know logically that we shouldn't let fear control us, but it is a fear for a reason. It is hard. When I fail, really badly, I often shut myself off from people except for those closest to me. I become sluggish, no matter how often I tell myself that I need to overcome. After a little bit of that, I finally take my own life and am reinvigorated by life. I am motivated to be better and prove to both myself and those around me that I am capable. Failure is hard, but it makes us stronger, if we let it.
I'm very proud of you for understanding that failure is a part of life.
ReplyDeleteBut with that frustration comes a lot of positives, and I really am an advocate for "everything happens for a reason."
Don't worry, just because something has happened, doesn't mean you don't have control over your life.
Good job.
Mine: http://laurenent3003.blogspot.com/2016/04/celebrating-failure.html
Great post about failure! I remember when i did not make NHS in highschool and had no idea why. I had the GPA for it and was the president and captain of my speech and debate team. With this resume in high school i thought i was 100% in aswell. I realized aswell that i needed to put in more work if i wanted to make anything for myself and although NHS did not want me UF did. So i guess it did make me into a better person but check out mine at http://michaelduellent.blogspot.com/
ReplyDeleteJackson! I think that not getting into NHS in high school could have been a blessing in disguise. You still got into a great university and it pushed you to work harder than you were before! That sounds like a win-win situation to me. I wish you the best of luck in finals week!
ReplyDelete