- I am extremely good at understanding people's thoughts and feelings
- I have a large amount of knowledge in many varied different areas
- I am very good at communicating complex ideas to any and all people
- I am almost always successful when I care about something and put my mind to it
- I have a lot of emotions, but I know how to control and direct them in order to be productive
Nick:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqbiq4r13hrgt9k/Recording%20Nick.m4a?dl=0
Intelligent, empathetic, and passionate, those are the things that I would personally like to emphasize about myself. I respect his opinion above most anyone else, and it means a lot to have his description mirror mine.
Amanda:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9y7n5tv60a2fpgb/Recording%20Amanda.m4a?dl=0
A lot about emotional abilities, which makes sense given our relationship. I think it was interesting to see that she didn't think that I completely understood myself, but I think she meant with regard to specific instances, not overall. I would agree that in a given situation I don't understand myself, but on the whole I think that I have a pretty good idea.
Sam:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/acvm5lz5m6hyh9k/Recording%20Sam.m4a?dl=0
Intelligent, good at helping other people understand as well, don't respond well to authority figures, pretty open. There are several overlaps, especially the ability to communicate, but her point about my interaction with authority is something that I hadn't thought about.
Russel:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3j4baqmltk8y6ke/Recording%20Russel.m4a?dl=0
Smart and kind are two ways of saying what I was trying to with empathy. Also, his comment about honor, even though I had to give him that specific word, was interesting and important to me. Overall, he described me pretty similarly to how I described myself, and the consistency I am getting makes me feel good.
Paul:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmqvmuvz98cnbnp/Recording%20Paul.m4a?dl=0
Even though we don't talk that deeply, he seemed to understand me very well, almost too well. I think the final point about my diversity of interests battling for precedence was very accurate, and it was not a way of explaining my distractions I had considered prior. Still, pretty similar to what I thought about myself.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vqbiq4r13hrgt9k/Recording%20Nick.m4a?dl=0
Intelligent, empathetic, and passionate, those are the things that I would personally like to emphasize about myself. I respect his opinion above most anyone else, and it means a lot to have his description mirror mine.
Amanda:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9y7n5tv60a2fpgb/Recording%20Amanda.m4a?dl=0
A lot about emotional abilities, which makes sense given our relationship. I think it was interesting to see that she didn't think that I completely understood myself, but I think she meant with regard to specific instances, not overall. I would agree that in a given situation I don't understand myself, but on the whole I think that I have a pretty good idea.
Sam:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/acvm5lz5m6hyh9k/Recording%20Sam.m4a?dl=0
Intelligent, good at helping other people understand as well, don't respond well to authority figures, pretty open. There are several overlaps, especially the ability to communicate, but her point about my interaction with authority is something that I hadn't thought about.
Russel:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/3j4baqmltk8y6ke/Recording%20Russel.m4a?dl=0
Smart and kind are two ways of saying what I was trying to with empathy. Also, his comment about honor, even though I had to give him that specific word, was interesting and important to me. Overall, he described me pretty similarly to how I described myself, and the consistency I am getting makes me feel good.
Paul:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bmqvmuvz98cnbnp/Recording%20Paul.m4a?dl=0
Even though we don't talk that deeply, he seemed to understand me very well, almost too well. I think the final point about my diversity of interests battling for precedence was very accurate, and it was not a way of explaining my distractions I had considered prior. Still, pretty similar to what I thought about myself.
So from what I am seeing you are a very emphatic person that genuinely likes to help people. These are both excellent traits to have as they allow you to connect to people and help solve their problems. In connection with this, it helps you to make better products for people that they will actually use and better their lives. Check out my post at: http://entspring16.blogspot.com/2016/03/idea-napkin-no-2.html
ReplyDeleteHello Jackson,
ReplyDeleteThis was a great post! One of the reoccurring traits that you appear to have is empathy. This is a great trait to have in entrepreneurship and philanthropy as you genuinely care about other people rather than yourself. Great job interviewing as well, it was really cool to see that your interviewees thought very similarly of you! Overall, good job!