27 March 2016

The Amazon Whisperer

My venture would profit mainly from it's keystone product, the Quick Cheffer. I would also sell pre-packaged food for the appliance. Those would be the revenue streams as of now.

The next product would be a dehydrator for people to prepare their own meals to use with my appliance. I might also offer cook books and/or classes for my products. These will enhance my business's ability to serve the customer in many ways, offering more independence or more assistance, depending on which direction they choose to go.

Amazon has many dehydrators listed from common kitchen appliance companies. The above is an Aroma Professional 6 Tray Dehydrator. It is listed at $150 and it simply uses a fan and low heat to dry out the food inside. Most reviews (84%) are 5-star ratings because they love the shelving features and its relative efficiency. My idea was to nearly particulate the food in order to mix it with the spices. The dried particulate would be good for meals as opposed to snacks if i can effectively rehydrate it all in a way to create actual meal-level food. A dehydrator would be a great pairing with a rehydrator, if just makes sense.

3 comments:

  1. Jackson,
    Very smart idea to offer cookbooks and/or cooking classes. I would also suggest offering at home DVDs. That way you don't have to go through the hassle of offering in person cooking classes in different locations. Including different benefits like these cookbooks or DVDs is a great way to gain more customers. Usually, when people see that you are offering additional products along with the original they are more drawn to buying the actual product. For example, I know that when I see "As Seen on TV" products in store, I am tempted to buy them because on TV they are advertised so well and include many different benefits. Great work!
    Here is my post: http://shainaent3003.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackson,
    I would first like to compliment your blog title, "Intellectual Ramble." It's an attention-grabbing title but I would suggest to experiment with a different font color scheme since the three different shades of blue and black can be harder to focus on. In regards to your concept, I understand the dehydrator concept but what specifically sets yours apart from others and what prevents future competitors from stealing your idea? Just some food for thought, I hope you finish your semester strong and best of luck in your entrepreneurial journey.

    I have attached the link to my blog and would appreciate your constructive feedback as well.

    http://dipaoloent.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html

    Best,
    Louis DiPaolo Jr

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackson,
    I would first like to compliment your blog title, "Intellectual Ramble." It's an attention-grabbing title but I would suggest to experiment with a different font color scheme since the three different shades of blue and black can be harder to focus on. In regards to your concept, I understand the dehydrator concept but what specifically sets yours apart from others and what prevents future competitors from stealing your idea? Just some food for thought, I hope you finish your semester strong and best of luck in your entrepreneurial journey.

    I have attached the link to my blog and would appreciate your constructive feedback as well.

    http://dipaoloent.blogspot.com/2016/03/amazon-whisperer.html

    Best,
    Louis DiPaolo Jr

    ReplyDelete