31 January 2016

Customer Interviews No. 1

I was sitting around my dorm room trying to think about entrepreneurial idea possibilities, when my roommate decided he was hungry. He told me that he wished food could just appear in our fridge. I started pondering ways to make this possible. I decided that there could be a way to automate re-hydrating food that had been dehydrated and stored. There were some initial issues with this idea, but it seemed plausible. I then set out to find out people's opinions on the matter of foods and meal preparation. I figured that the majority of college students, often low on cash flow and free time, would be the ideal people to ask about this type of idea. I asked them how they feel about cooking, and most were only liked it for the ability to control exactly what they put into their food and body. I ultimately found out that most people considered it a good idea due to functionality, plausibility, and ease of use. They thought that hydrating food could be nice, but it would likely have an undesirable texture when re-hydrated. They all seemed willing and open to trying re-hydrated food, but many seemed doubtful that the resulting texture would be enjoyable. Most of the considered texture to be very important. I believed going into this interviewing process that this would be the feelings of most people, and I was correct. In order to actually perform this specific task of re-hydrating food on command it would definitely be more desirable to maintain some semblance of the original texture of the food. I will continue to consider ways of providing quick and effective food for people. People will always need food, and it will always be easier to press a button than to cook an entire meal. If I can find a way to tap into that, then there is a legitimate business here. Until then, it is but a dream of all poor and busy college students. It did feel good to hear random people echoing my own thoughts about my idea, though; it is very motivating.


Interview 1:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/32o9kad6zcaag4f/Interview%201.m4a?dl=0

Interview 2:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lltncz0rznh92o7/Interview%202.m4a?dl=0

Interview 3:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml3ofsnrh4v0rwq/Interview%203.m4a?dl=0

Interview 4:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/j63qysptp3z1ibu/Interview%204.m4a?dl=0

Interview 5:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e9szegbwymo9g6a/Interview%205.m4a?dl=0

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jackson, I have to tell you that this idea of food delivery seems to be the hot ticket right now. I've commented on three posts, and they all are geared toward this need. That said, I haven't seen this idea (in our class) to rehydrate food for the purpose of convenience. Honestly, I'm not sure if that's something that's sustainable on a regular basis. I know it's used for camping, etc., but those things are all short term. Have you considered a service that delivers healthy pre-cooked meals to students? This could be an convenient alternative to the UF meal plan. Parents are in need of their son/daughter eating properly in college. I think it's a great opportunity and perhaps your dehydrated idea could also fold into this for those "on the go" cases? Good luck with this concept. You did a great job with your interviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jackson, good job on your interviews! You seemed very comfortable asking your interviewees the questions about your idea. Honestly, the convenience of this idea is what attracted me but as one of your conversations went, I am unsure about the idea of a change in texture to the food that we have all grown accustomed to eating. I think you could work on presenting your proposed texture change if you decided to stay with that idea in an enthusiastic and unique way. It's just something new so if you can present it in an exciting way, you'll be on the right track! Good luck! If you want to check out my business idea, you can watch my interviews at http://isabellaruggeri.blogspot.com/2016/01/customer-interviews-no-1.html.

    ReplyDelete